Monday, September 9, 2013

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I really do learn something new every day. My grandson came over for the weekend, and being so very proud of having my blog printed, I had to show him my, "Piece of My Mind". Pride in ownership thing. His response was just as I expected, but definitely not from the direction I thought it would come. He was quite angry and straightforward. "My kids are going to read this shit & think it's okay to use!"
He was very informative for the next few minutes. He is completely right about everything he said, and a lot were things I hadn't even considered. I didn't think about kids under 21 using marijuana any worse than they do now. Being regulated, I just figured it would be just like alcohol. Over time, people are going to become disinterested, desensitized, and mj will be no different than alcohol. Right now it is illegal and in the news. Kids who are going to try it are going to try it, and kids who have respect for the law will leave mj and alcohol alone until they are 21. Or, they will try it and leave it alone. Everybody has a choice and most know right from wrong, therefore most will abide by the alcohol/marijuana laws, and play by the rules. I would still be abiding by the marijuana laws in this state, but I found it helps my nausea profoundly. I just saw on the internet yesterday that a man died because he couldn't use his mj for his nausea. I almost cried. I know what he was going through. Makes me sad right now for him. That is such a shame.

So, at this point, now that I have seen marijuana from a different perspective,  I will be a complete and total advocate for education. It is a must for some of the tax money from sales be used for billboards,magazine ads, video games! Let everyone know the ill effects of mj and alcohol, all pros and cons should be known. But most of all, reminders, straightforward to the point ads, NO alcohol OR marijuana until you are 21.  Ads that will be targeted to that age group, media that they will see and that will reach them. 

Marijuana should at a minimum be decriminalized for those over 21. So, I hope by the time my grandson has kids, this marijuana war will be a thing of the past and every one over 21 will have a free choice - it just won't be a big deal anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment