Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Weed Wyoming

I recently watched the induction of Cheech and Chong into the Hall of Fame. During this, I reminisced about the first time I was introduced to marijuana. I didn't know it was illegal, because I didn't know what it was. I came from a Wyoming family that didn't drink or dance, and since drugs were a part of the "other side of world", never had a discussion on drugs.

After college, I got a job in Houston, the "other side of the world", for three years. That first summer in Houston was a revelation into the brilliant lights that were going to always be a part of my life. I discovered Reggae and Marijuana (what a combo!) and I played my first game of pool. At 25 years young, I was having the best (sex-free) time of my life. But since I hadn't really LIVED, every experience was a wow factor. With my upbringing, everything I was doing was deemed wrong, so there were a few things I wouldn't do out of fear of the unknown. Funny, everything I did was an unknown. I have never done IV drugs or cocaine, because I am totally content with weed. I was able to see other drugs and the effect, and just wasn't interested.

Aren't we all amazed how things have changed since our parents' young adulthood's! (Ha, I mean anyone over 50). On the news this morning, my ears shot forward and my head snapped toward the tv as I heard the word "marijuana". Hooray! Wyoming IS a progressive state! However, mj still has such a stigma, I swear I could hear sarcasm in the announcers voice as he told about NORML working on getting mj on the 2016 ballot. That announcement made my day, and I did a happy dance in the kitchen and hoped I live long enough to smoke my first legal bowl. I will certainly show up to vote!

Thank you NORML and WEED WYOMING. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment